Outcome-based thinking creates clarity of thought, vision, understanding, confidence.
The Bridge The Gap Method:
- Establish Current Reality (Point A) versus Desired Outcome (Point B)
- Identify the Milestones, Challenges and Opportunities in-between
- Formulate a specific plan for getting from Point A to Point B
Visualize, brainstorm, problem-solve:
- You can do it by hand with pen and paper
- You can do it with a Mindmap
- You can do it in a text document
- You can do it on your phone or tablet in a Note
- Draw horizontal line in the middle of a page
- Label Point A (Current Reality) on the far left
- Label Point B (Desired Outcome) on far right.
- Label each step required to get from A to B
Pro-Tip: Sometimes it’s easier to work backwards from B (what you want) to A (where you are).
- Download Brian McLeod's Bridge The Gap Templates
ZIP archive includes Word DOC, Pages and PDF files with instructions, examples and blank printable versions.